Instructions: To embed your Collection into your web page, copy the code a

Wellness Chiropractic

Why Preventative Wellness?

What is Wellness? The degree to which an individual experiences health and vitality in any dimension of life.

  • Degree: Wellness and illness exist on a continuum. The human body is never static. Every decision you make moves you towards wellness or away from it.
  • Health and vitality: Refer to your life force. The power to live, grow, and express your maximum potential as a human being
  • Dimension: Your life is made up of multiple dimensions that are separate, yet profoundly connected. You can move toward wellness in one dimension while moving away from it in another.

The U.S. is in a severe health care crisis. Chronic disease continues to escalate at alarming rates. In fact, the World Health Organization ranks the U.S. 37th out of 190 nations in overall health care performance. How would we feel if we came in 37th in the Olympics? No gold medals here! How much worse will this get as medical costs continue to skyrocket in double digits increases every year while insurance companies cover less and less as premiums, deductibles, and co-pays increase with no end in sight? What if you or your employer can’t afford insurance anymore because it’s too expensive? Already, 50% of personal bankruptcies are attributed to inability of individuals to pay health care expenses. Surprisingly, 70% of those had “health” insurance according to a Harvard study. Add to this the statement from Medicare trustees that if the present trend continues, Medicare will become insolvent by 2019 …just 10 years away.

And don’t expect a solution from the federal government. They are trying to figure out how to give more services and how to pay for them. The conversation should be “how to get more people less sick” so there is less demand for services and financial drain. Preventative wellness is the key.

Although chronic diseases such as heart disease,cancer, diabetes, arthritis, ADD / ADHD, bowel & digestive problems, asthma, allergies, etc. are among the most common and costly health problems, they are also among the most preventable. The problem is that our society has become reactive to their health – wait until it breaks down, then fix it. “But I don’t “feel” bad right now. When I do feel pain, I just pop a couple pain relievers and everything is fine.” Note that only 10% of the nerves in the body have the ability to carry pain signals. You can be developing disease & illness in the other 90% before you “feel” it! How many times have we heard of someone “feeling” healthy only to discover they have heart disease, cancer, or diabetes the following week? Just getting rid of pain without addressing the underlying cause of the problem is like turning off a fire alarm without putting out the fire! We need to refocus on proactive lifestyle choices to prevent illness and disease regardless of how we feel.

Since more than 70% of health care costs are directly attributable to chronic diseases you can get back control! People utilizing a wellness chiropractic approach experience an increase in function
and quality of life and dramatic decreases in health care expenditures, medical services, and
pharmaceutical expenditures (See Why Chiropractic?). Couple that with healthy lifestyle choices and you can see how your wellness chiropractic experience is an investment in not only your future health and vitality but also in your financial well-being!

The 3 Secrets to Wellness:

  1. Identify imbalances in the spine and nervous system that can cause dysfunction leading to
    hidden health problems. Get checked by a “wellness” chiropractor.
  2. Identify the negative physical, chemical and emotional stressors in your life.
  3. Have a wellness coach help you replace negative lifestyle stressors with positive lifestyle
    habits and improve your “Wellness Capacity” or internal resistance for your future well-
    being.


Why Chiropractic? It’s Not Just About Back Pain

We live our lives through our nervous system. It relates us to our external environment through our five senses. It is how our internal organs and glands constantly communicate with each other maintaining organization within the systems of the body that sustain life and adapt us to our life stresses.

The central part of this vast communication network is housed within and protected by the spine. Research has shown that imbalances in the spinal structure can put tension on nerve fibers negatively affecting their ability to carry the vital messages that run the body. When the body’s systems get out of balance the result is interference with life functions. These can result in decreases in our ability to cope with life stresses, resistance to sickness and disease, physical performance, mental capacity, etc. Many common ailments are the result of this interference.

Early in life, these interferences can exist without any conscious awareness due to the fact that only 10% of the nerves in the body have the ability to carry pain messages. We can have interference in the other 90% and not feel it until there is a breakdown in whatever gland or organ that nerve goes to. How often have we heard of someone who felt great one day only to find out they had heart disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. the next. Chronic diseases don’t just appear, they develop over time due to imbalances in the body’s ability to maintain healthy function.

Our focus in wellness chiropractic is not to just manipulate the spine to feel better. We utilize sophisticated technology to evaluate the parts of the nervous system that you don’t “feel”. This enables us to uncover the hidden imbalances, correct them with specific adjustments thus removing interference allowing your body to function properly. The goal is to not only feel better and more alive now, but to also regain your natural ability to express vibrant health and prevent health problems in the future!


Recent Research on the Benefits of Wellness Chiropractic Care

HMO Illinois:  Those who chose chiropractors as their primary care physician
(vs. MD/DO’s) experienced:

  1. 60% decrease in hospital admissions and stays
  2. 62% decrease in outpatient surgeries and procedures, and
  3. 85% reduction in pharmaceutical costs off compared to normative values.

Sarnart RL et al: JMPT 2007; 30(4):263.

University of Chicago Medical Center Department of Hypertension Study

Showed patients who received chiropractic adjustments had a significant reduction in systolic and diastolic blood pressure. Lead author George Bakris, M.D. stated, “We were shocked to find out that we got more than double what we expected in blood pressure reduction.” Journal of Human Hypertension. March2, 2007.

Senior Citizens Over 65 Years of Age [had “maintenance care” for 5 years or longer]

  1. 50% fewer medical provider visits
  2. 31% of national average for health care services
  3. 95.8% felt care “considerably” or “extremely” valuable

Rupert, Manelio and Sandefur. JMPT 2008, 23 (1):10

John Zahn, M.D. Ph.D . looked at heart rate variability (way of looking at how well nervous system is regulating heart function).
            625 patients from 96 different practices.
Followed 132 for four week period – chiropractic care indicated a shift to a healthier state.


Why Us? What Sets Chappell Chiropractic Wellness Center Apart?

We are specialists in the wellness lifestyle starting with what you need most now and for the years to come.

  • Over 26 years of experience effectively handling thousands of patient’s problems just like yours.
  • Wellness Certification – giving you the hottest tools to help you experience a more vibrant, energized, and empowered life.

This years physical showed blood pressure had returned to normal, no more blood in prostate, and no more back pain.” G.W.

  • Certified in Chiropractic Pediatrics – to help your children be at the top of their game, physically, mentally, and emotionally – give your children the competitive advantage to fully express their inborn potential in all aspects of their lives.

 “Speech and breathing problems resolved, allergies under control. Steroid inhaler and antibiotic free.  No more breathing machine. She is now a competitive swimmer.   Thank you for helping my baby!” T.J.

  • Advanced technology computerized scanning system to assess possible interference to the 90% of the nervous system that you don’t “feel”. Helps us uncover problems before they become an adverse health condition.
  • Personal Customized Care for your desired health goals.
  • Wellness coaching to help you make lifestyle choices that create maximum health expression and performance. We help you focus on areas that need improvement allowing you to express your optimal health potential, reduce aging, and improve longevity. 
  • Neuro-Emotional Technique/ Emotional Freedom Technique – release the past effectively and permanently – don’t allow it to keep robbing you of health, happiness, and vitality.
  • Personal Lifestyle and Success Coaching
  • Nutritional education and support
  • Ergonomic and Workplace Evaluations
  • Lending Library that includes books, tapes, CD’s, videos and DVD’s.

Millions of people every day are utilizing safe, effective chiropractic care to increase health, wellness, and quality of life for themselves and their families.  The reality is that when there is interference in your nervous system there’s a disruption to the maximum YOU!!  Individuals who receive regular chiropractic adjustments at Chappell Chiropractic consistently report that they enjoy maximized performance, increased energy, and decreased stress beyond anything they’ve ever tried before! 

“The care that I have received here has exceeded my expectations.  I can’t believe how much healthier and happier I am.  I honestly don’t think I have ever felt this good in my whole life.” A.D.